Saturday, March 26, 2011

Random cool things

i found out tonight that one of my co-workers was in the peace corps and taught english in kazakhstan!

also i met a customer tonight that taught english in south korea in the 70s!

pretty cool, eh?

bonus: funny thing overheard in half price-

a young girl talking to her dad saw a book in true crime and said:
hey dad- you should get this book called evil wives so if you're really mad at mom you can read this and then think you are really blessed to have her!

lol kids...

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean when people don't comment. I'll make you a deal... I'll comment on your blog from time to time if you comment on mine! (New one, not old one!) Sometimes it really does feel like "why should I write this if nobody gives a crap" but remember that you're writing this above all for yourself. I know I write for myself mostly, and if other people like it, great. It's like a diary that other people can read (so maybe you don't put the really juicy stuff in).

    I've been reading various tips for better blogging, and some of them mention selectively including pictures and hyperlinks and stuff to keep people coming back. I've also been thinking that ending some posts with a question might be a good idea... it certainly worked for my Bad Days post! Finally I've heard that commenting on other people's blogs is a good way to generate traffic to go to your site, and hey the more readers, the more probability for comments! Woo Blog Karma.

    Good luck Randi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! The one about the father and daughter cracked me up! Kids are such great observers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the comments! i only just now got them because i don't know how to have it email me when people comment and i've been so busy i, MYSELF, haven't even gone to my blog! lol

    thanks for the tips jen and yes i need to comment on your blog too :o)

    glad you like the story steph! ;o)

    ReplyDelete